BioGuard Arctic Blue Floater provides continuous winter chlorination in white plaster pools. (Don’t use this in any other than white plaster.) This floater features SilkGuard technology that coats metal surfaces, protecting them against rust.
Arctic Blue® Floater
- For easy, continuous winter chlorination
- Uses SilkGuard® technology which reduces corrosion and inhibits scale formation
- Saltwater pools can benefit from use during the off season even without completely closing pool
- Works with white plaster pools only
Before using this product, make sure to balance and treat your pool with a winterizing product – we can help you choose the appropriate chemicals.
After you winterize, put the Floater into the center of the pool in the deep end. If the tables in the floater dissolve completely and the pool water temperature is above 60 degrees for 40 to 45 days, we recommend an additional application. If your pool is already covered, pull the cover back from the deep end of the pool and place the Floater away from the sides of the pool. Monitor pool water temperature and reapply every 30 to 45 days when water temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Test and balance water before using this product. Adjust pH to 7.4-7.6. Total Alkalinity to 125-150 ppm.
- Make sure the pool has a chlorine residual between 1-4 ppm.
- Adjust the flow control ring to the three-hole setting.
- Put the Floater in the middle of the deep end of the pool and hold it upright until it fills with water. Then leave to float.
- When the Floater tips on its side, please replace it.
Take care of your pool all year long.
Off season products are designed to care for your pool during the months when your pool is not being used.
Why go through the hassle of closing your pool?
Closing your pool makes maintenance easy during the off months and keeps things under control until you are ready to open it. Closing your pool properly means an easier spring opening that can help save effort, time and money!