BioGuard Balance Pak 300 has a unique palletized formulation which means faster dissolving and less cloudiness. Low calcium hardness can cause staining, etching, or distorting of the pool’s finish. Plaster etched by low calcium hardness will become abrasive and uncomfortable for swimmers. Rough plaster also increases algae problems and makes cleaning more difficult. It is important to keep your pool water balanced in order to get the most effective use out of your chemicals.
Balance PAK® 300
- For raising calcium hardness levels
- Dissolves quickly
- Protects pool equipment from corrosion, plaster etching and wrinkling of liners
Keeping the right balance in your swimming pool water is important. Balancers control scale, prevent metallic stains, adjust pH and total alkalinity and correct mineral imbalances.
Having the correct pH in your pool is crucial to your swimmers’ comfort and also protects your pool equipment and surfaces from corrosion, staining and etching. The ideal pH range is 7.4-7.6. If the pH is too high or too low it can cause those pesky red, itchy eyes!
- 1 lb per 10,000 raises calcium hardness 10 ppm
- Calcium Hardness in pool water should be maintained in the 175-275 ppm range.
- Never allow calcium hardness to remain below 100 ppm.
- Add this product directly to pool water by scattering it over the water surface.
- Do not predissolve this treatment as heat is generated when this product contacts water.
- Use surface compatible brush to brush away undissolved granules off pool surface.
- The addition of four lbs. per 10,000 gallons of water raises calcium hardness approximately 40 ppm.
- The addition of 10 lbs. per 10,000 gallons of water raises calcium hardness approximately 100 ppm.