BioGuard Banish kills all types of swimming pool algae, and swimmers can return soon after treatment.Banish clears your water while killing algae. It’s for use in chlorine and bromine pools.
Banish does not affect pH levels, so you don’t need to readjust after application. You can also use Banish during shock treatments.
- Premium formula, highly effective, kills ALL types of algae
- Kills algae once it has appeared in your pool
- Fast-acting, non-foaming, producing results in 24 hours
- Use in chlorine or bromine pools with all surfaces or filter types
The addition of algicide is needed for proper pool maintenance. Sanitizers or shock/oxidizers alone may not keep algae at bay and this step is needed to keep your pool completely clear of any growth. This is the third part of the BioGuard 3-Step Pool Care System.
Not all algicides are alike, only algicides that have been approved by the EPA for killing algae actually perform. All BioGuard products have been thoroughly reviewed and proven effective. Various kinds of algae may require different treatments to ensure they are eliminated.
- 1.5 oz per 10,000 gallons of water per week, or 3 oz per 10,000 gallons of water every other week
- 16 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of water
Prior to application:
- Ensure all equipment is working properly.
- Clean the filer system, adjust pH between 7.2-7.6, and establish a minimum level of 30-40 ppm of stabilizer in chlorinated pools.
- Vacuum leaves and any other foreign debris from pool.
- If metal testing indicates a need to use a stain and scale inhibitor, apply that product per label directions.
- Brush visible algae from the pools surface with a surface-compatible brush.
- Establish and maintain proper chlorine or bromine levels.
To Prevent Pool Algae:
- To begin, apply 8 oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water with pump and filter operating.
- Thereafter, for weekly application intervals, add 1.5 oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- For two week application intervals, add 3 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week.
- Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing or partial drain/refill.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
Treatment of visible algae:
- Add 1 lb BioGuard Smart Shock per 12,000 gallons of pool water. Follow application directions.
- Allow to circulate 1 hour.
- With pump and filter operating, apply 16 oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water directly to the pool water in areas of heaviest algae growth.
- Circulate pool water for 24 hours.
- Brush the pool surface the following day.
- Pior to re-entry, test chlorine level. Do not enter pool until chlorine level is between 1-4 ppm.
- If you have persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2-4 days.
- Chemically clean the filter 3 to 4 days after treatment.