BioGuard Chem-Out reduces swimming downtime due to high chlorine levels. It does not affect pH levels, so you don’t need to readjust.
- Eliminates excessive chlorine, bromine or hydrogen peroxide residual
- Dissolves instantly
- Reduces pool downtime
From filter, tile and surface cleaners to pool cover cleaner and preservative – keep your pool environment new and inviting! Having a regular cleaning schedule will help to keep you on track and increase the lifetime of your pool and pool equipment.
- 4 oz per 10,000 gallons of water removes 3 ppm of chlorine
- Allow at least 8-12 hours for superchlorination treatment to oxidize wastes and chloramines from the pool water.
- Add BioGuard ChemOut to lower the free chlorine reading to the required 3.0 ppm level before swimming.
- Before adding any product to the pool, measure the free chlorine in the water. Do this to determine the correct dosage of BioGuard ChemOut.
- To measure the free chlorine in water, test using a water test kit or test strips.
- First, test the superchlorinated pool. If the available or free chlorine reading is above the highest level shown on the tests color comparitor or to get a more definitive result at high chlorine levels, it may be necessary to dilute the water sample.
- To dilute the water sample, use a measuring cup and add one cup of pool water to one cup of tap water. Gently stir the diluted water and then test the diluted water.
- When you have determined the free chlorine level of the diluted sample multiply this level by two. You now have the free chlorine level of the pool.
- To calculate the ppm available chlorine that must be removed from the pool, subtract 3 ppm from the free chlorine level of the pool. The resulting number is the amount of free chlorine you must remove before it is safe to swim. Use the chart on the bottle to calculate the required dose using the measuring cup supplied with this product. Add this product directly to the pool scattering around the edge of the pool. Keep the pump on and water circulating.
- Do not add treatment through skimmer.