BioGuard SilkGuard Complete Sticks protect your pool surface and equipment from scale, corrosion and staining, all while killing bacteria.
SunShield Technology offers protection from the sunlight while the SmartGuard Technology helps the tablets last longer than traditional chlorine Plus, algae killing crystals help stop algae before it starts.
SilkGuard Complete® Tabs/Sticks
- All pools. All pumps. All applications.
- Unique compressed blue sanitizer tabs or sticks that dissolve much slower when the pump is turned off due to our SmartGuard® technology.
- Contains algae fight crystals from improved performance
- Can be used with the 3-Step BioGuard Care System
Killing bacteria and preventing algae is a vital step.
Sanitizers are the key ingredients of proper pool maintenance. Chlorine and bromine keep the water clear, protected from bacteria and help control algae. They are part of the BioGuard® 3-Step Pool Care System.
The SilkGuard Complete® advantage
- The best BioGuard sanitizers feature a unique blend of premium technologies that are found ONLY at BioGuard dealers
- SilkGuard technology makes water soft and smooth and prevents scaling, protects against corrosion and metal staining
- SmartGuard® technology makes tabs and sticks last longer than plain white chlorine products
Dosage for Routine Maintenance:
- 16 oz per 10,000 gallons of water per week, or as needed
Dosage for Start Up:
- 16 oz per 10,000 gallons of water
Before you begin:
- Ensure all pool equipment is working properly.
- Clean or backwash filter following manufacturer’s directions.
- Adjust pH to between 7.2-7.6.
- In chlorinated pools, add stabilizer to establish a minimum stabilizer level of 30-40 ppm to reduce the degradation effect of sunlight upon the chlorine residual.
- When using other products as outlined in the directions for this product always follow directions on those products.
- Do not add other chemicals into the feeder or floater when this product is in use. as a fire or explosion may occur.
- To avoid damage to pool surface or materials do not allow product to come in direct contact with these materials.
- Do not throw tablets directly into pool.
- If water is cloudy or green, super chlorinate pool with appropriate shock product until pool is clear.
- Add 16 ounces of this product (approximately 2 sticks) per 10,000 gallons of pool water to feeder or floater.
- Adjust the feeder or floater following manufacturer’s instructions to establish a fee available chlorine level between 1-4 ppm.
- Allow water to circulate at least four hours and then test for the free available chlorine level.
- When the free available chlorine level is adjusted to 1-4 ppm, add the preventative algaecide.
- Add 16 ounces of this product (approximately two sticks) per 10,000 gallons of pool water per week, or as often as needed, to the floater or feeder to maintain a constant free available chlorine level of 1-4 ppm.
- Sunlight, rainfall, temperature, number of swimmers, and frequency of pool use affects the rate of chlorine residual loss so check the floater or feeder often and refill as needed.
- Re-entry into treated swimming pools is prohibited when free available chlorine levels are above 4 ppm due to rich of body injury.