BioGuard SoftSwim A is an algaecide, and it’s the first step in the SoftSwim program. This product protects against a broad spectrum of algae. It is formulated to remain stable against the UV rays of the sun and against high temperatures.
The SoftSwim program is ideal for in-ground or above-ground pools containing less than 25,000 gallons of water, pools that have bottom drains, and pools that have excellent circulation with the pump operating at least 12 hours per day. SoftSwim A sanitizes with biguanide.
- The first step in the SoftSwim program prevents algae growth
- Works harder in higher temperatures
- Apply weekly or every two weeks
It’s as easy as A-B-C!
BioGuard uses an easy three-step system to provide soft, clear, chlorine-free water. These non-chlorine products make water feel soft to the skin, eyes and hair.
Can my pool water be sanitized without chlorine?
Yes, chlorine is not the only sanitizer that can be used to treat pool water. Biguanides are also effective sanitizers that kill bacteria while keeping the water soft. Biguanides don’t degrade with sunlight or temperature and don’t change pH levels like traditional chlorine sanitizers. This means adding less chemicals making it easier to use.
- 32 fl oz per 25,000 gallons of water
- 1 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water per week, or 2 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water every 2 weeks
- Ensure all pool equipment is working properly.
- Backwash the filter system following manufacturers directions.
- Adjust pH to between 7.2.-7.6.
- Check for metals and if present add a stain and scale inhibitor to prevent staining of pool surface due to metals.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
- For Initial Application or When Pool Water is Changed: pour 32 oz. directly into pool per 25,000 gallons of water.For Routine Maintenance Dose: For weekly application intervals, use 1 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water. For two week application intervals, use 2 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water every other week. Following heavy rain showers, add an additional 1 oz per 5,000 gallons.