BioGuard SoftSwim B kills and controls harmful bacteria and is gentle on eyes, hair, and skin.
SoftSwim B is UV-shielded, and it is resistant to evaporating in the sun.
The SoftSwim program is ideal for in-ground or above-ground pools containing less than 25,000 gallons of water, pools that have bottom drains, and pools that have excellent circulation with the pump operating at least 12 hours per day. SoftSwim sanitizes with biguanide.
- The second step in the SoftSwim program sanitizes your pool water
- Kills and controls bacteria, using biguanide
- Test and use every two weeks or as needed
It’s as easy as A-B-C!
BioGuard uses an easy three-step system to provide soft, clear, chlorine-free water. These non-chlorine products make water feel soft to the skin, eyes and hair.
Can my pool water be sanitized without chlorine?
Yes, chlorine is not the only sanitizer that can be used to treat pool water. Biguanides are also effective sanitizers that kill bacteria while keeping the water soft. Biguanides don’t degrade with sunlight or temperature and don’t change pH levels like traditional chlorine sanitizers. This means adding less chemicals making it easier to use.
- 1/2 gallon per 10,000 gallons of water to get a content of 50 ppm
- 1 pt per 10,000 gallons of water to raise level by 10 ppm
Freshly Filled and Dechlorinated Pools – Start-Up With Softswim B:
- Consult us for more info on how to use this system.
- Backwash or clean pool filter. Check pool pH.; adjust to 7.2-7.8 if necessary.
- Add SoftSwim B to give a content of 50 ppm (1/2 gallon product/10,000 gallons of pool water).
- After 24 hours, check pH and SoftSwim B concentration with a test kit and adjust if necessary.
- Every week, check SoftSwim B concentrated and pH.
- Maintain SoftSwim B concentrated at about 50 ppm. If concentration falls 10 ppm or more, add a top-up dose.