You want to balance your water to prevent problems with BioGuard Stabilizer 100 (five pounds). It is intended only for outdoor, chlorinated pools. The key ingredient of this product is cyanuric acid.
Keeping the right balance in your swimming pool water is important. Balancers control scale, prevent metallic stains, adjust pH and total alkalinity and correct mineral imbalances.
Having the correct pH in your pool is crucial to your swimmers’ comfort and also protects your pool equipment and surfaces from corrosion, staining and etching. The ideal pH range is 7.4-7.6. If the pH is too high or too low it can cause those pesky red, itchy eyes!
- Prevents free chlorine residual loss due to sunlight
- Reduces maintenance costs and chlorinating product consumption
- Skimmer use for outdoor, chlorinated pools only
- 1 lb per 3,000 gallons of water will provide initial stabilizer level of 40 ppm
- 1 lb per 4,000 gallons of water will provide initial stabilizer level of 30 ppm
- Use one pound of this product per 3,000 gallons of pool water to provide an initial stabilizer level of 40 ppm. The use of one pound per 4,000 gallons of pool water provides an initial stabilizer level of 30 ppm.
- Broadcast directly into pool, scattering over the surface of water.
- For pools with plastic piping ,you can add it slowly through the skimmer.
- Keep the water circulating continuously for 24 hours after addition.
- When the product reaches the filter there may be a temporary increase in filter pressure which dissipates as the product dissolves. Do not backwash for 48 hours after application of this product.