SpaGuard pH Decreaser gradually lowers your pH and alkalinity until at the desired level, and also prevents scale build-up and cloudy water that also usually occurs when your spa operates at the high-end of the pH scale.
SpaGuard pH Decreaser
- Lowers the pH
- Protects spa and equipment due to improper pH
- Prevents cloudy water due to high pH
- Balances water for bather comfort
Balance your water to prevent problems.
Keeping the right balance of your spa water is necessary. Balancers control scale, adjust pH and total alkalinity and correct mineral imbalances.
How important is pH really?
Having the correct pH level in your spa is crucial to your soakers’ comfort and also protects your equipment from corrosion and scale. The ideal pH is 7.2-7.6. If the pH is too high or too low it can cause those pesky red, itchy eyes!
Dosage for pH Range 7.6 to 7.8:
- 1/2 tsp per 200 gallons
Dosage for pH Range 7.8 to 8.0:
- 3/4 tsp per 200 gallons
Dosage for pH Range 8.0 to 8.4:
- 1 1/2 tsp per 200 gallons
Dosage for pH Range 8.4 and above:
- 2 tsp per 200 gallons
- Use an accurate test method to determine pH.
- Determine the amount of SpaGuard pH Decreaser needed to adjust the pH to maintain a reading of 7.2 to 7.6.
- Be sure the spas total alkalinity reading is at least 125 ppm before adding this product.
- With the pump operating, sprinkle this product into the water when the spa is not occupied.
- Let the pump circulate for 30 minutes to thoroughly mix the product.
- In units with aerators, the pump should be operating and the aerator off prior to application of the product.
- Retest pH and adjust as necessary. Be sure to consult chart for correct quantity to add based on the current pH of the spa.