SpaGuard pH Increaser slowly raises pH levels to ensure accurate calculations to get the desired level. Your spas sanitizer operate better when not on the extremes of the pH scale, improving water quality.
- Raises the pH
- Protects equipment from corrosion due to low pH
- Balances water for bather comfort
Balance your water to prevent problems.
Keeping the right balance of your spa water is necessary. Balancers control scale, adjust pH and total alkalinity and correct mineral imbalances.
How important is pH really?
Having the correct pH level in your spa is crucial to your soakers’ comfort and also protects your equipment from corrosion and scale. The ideal pH is 7.2-7.6. If the pH is too high or too low it can cause those pesky red, itchy eyes!
Dosage for pH 7.2 or less:
- 2 tsp per 100 gallons of water
Dosage for pH at 7.2:
- 1 tsp per 100 gallons of water
Dosage for pH at 7.3:
- 1/2 tsp per 100 gallons of water
- Use an accurate test method to determine pH.
- Determine the required amount of SpaGuard pH Increaser need to adjust the pH to maintain a reading of 7.2 to 7.6.
- With the pump running on high speed, sprinkle the required amount of SpaGuard pH Increaser into the spa water and continue running pump for 30 minutes.
- Restest pH and adjust as necessary.
- A good maintenance habit is to test acid/alkali demand periodically.