SpaGuard Spa Sentry is one-step liquid additive that helps you avoid pH bounce for up to one month per application. Just add directly to your spa water.
Before using this product you must first drain and refill your spa and set the desired level of both pH and alkalinity before applying. Spa Sentry also contains a clarifying agent that removes dissolved metals in your water, giving your spa clearer and softer water that will be instantly noticed by bathers.
SpaGuard Spa Sentry
- Introduces a buffering compound, making pH easier to keep in balance
- One easy step
- Controls pH for up to two full months
- Spa Sentry® should not be used in spas with plaster finishes or grouting that contains calcium or spas using Soft Soak®.
Balance your water to prevent problems.
Keeping the right balance of your spa water is necessary. Balancers control scale, adjust pH and total alkalinity and correct mineral imbalances.
How important is pH really?
Having the correct pH level in your spa is crucial to your soakers’ comfort and also protects your equipment from corrosion and scale. The ideal pH is 7.2-7.6. If the pH is too high or too low it can cause those pesky red, itchy eyes!
Dosage for Calcium Hardness less than 150 ppm:
- 32 fl oz per 300 to 500 gallons of water
Dosage for Calcium Hardness more than 150 ppm:
- 64 fl oz per 300 to 500 gallons of water
- First, drain and clean the surface of your spa.
- Refill your spa with fresh water.
- The heater should be off before the addition of Spa Sentry. The heater should remain off until all cloudiness has been cleared by filtration.
All additions of product should be made with the spa water circulating.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness less than 150 ppm (195 ppm total hardness) add1 quart (1 bottle) of Spa Sentry per 300 to 500 gallons of spa water.
- If dissolved calcium is present, the water softening action of Spa Sentry will precipitate the calcium, allowing your filter to remove it.
- The water may cloud when product is added, indicating that Spa Sentry is working to remove excess calcium.
- If clouding occurs, circulate the spa for 24 hours.
- Then remove cartridge filters and rinse away excess calcium with strong stream of water.
- Backwash sand and D.E. filters.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness greater than 150 ppm (195 ppm total hardness) a total of 2 quarts of Spa Sentry will be needed for each 300 to 500 gallons of water.
- Add the first quart of Spa Sentry and circulate the spa water through the filtration system for 24 hours (use high speed if two-speed pump).
- Clean the filters (rinse cartridges or backwash sand or D.E.).
- Add the second quart of Spa Sentry, and circulate the spa water through the filtration system for 24 hours.
- Clean filter again.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness greater than 300 ppm (390 ppm total hardness), consult your BioGuard Dealer before using this product.