It’s cold, and you want to be warm. The enveloping massage of your hot tub is calling to you. But wait! Here’s how to trouble shoot your hot tub heater.
There’s nothing worse than wanting to get into your hot tub and finding out your heater isn’t working. In this article we look at how to trouble shoot your hot tub heater so you can make sure your spa is hot and ready when you are.
Let’s look at some common issues.
The Hot Tub Doesn’t Stay Hot
If your hot tub heats up, but it doesn’t seem too stay hot, you want to take a look at a few things.
- Check your filters. Look for clogs and see if it needs a good cleaning.
- Take a peak at your thermostat and heat sensors. You might need to replace them in order for your hot tub to stay hot
- Check that your water is circulating properly. If your plumbing is clogged, your hot tub won’t stay hot.
The Hot Tub Doesn’t Heat
If your hot tub isn’t heating at all, check your filters. If they’re in good condition and clean, you might have a bad heating element.
Turn your hot tub off and give us a call to help.
The Temperature Keeps Changing
This is a tricking situation because one minute you might think it’s working fine, and then it’s not.
If your temperature is fluctuating, you might have a temperature sensor that is failing. If your sensor is okay, it might be a bad thermostat or even a clogged filter.
When the Heating Element Goes
For some owners, a faulty heating element is the problem. Replacement is pretty easy for most people.
Disconnect all power to your hot tub. Find the heating element assembly in your hot tub. Use two wrenches to remove the old assembly. You want to disconnect the electrical wires and replace the element with a new one.
Don’t want to do this repair yourself? Give us a call!
There are a few things you can do to prevent heating problems and the loss of your heating element.
- Make sure your water is balance. This can extend the life of your heater.
- Clean your filters on a regular basis. When they get clogged, they can cause damage to your heater. Replace filters on a regular schedule.
Many hot tub owners have to deal with heating issues at one time or another. Don’t panic as these problems are fixable. You have two choices – handle it yourself or contact us. Our hot tub experts are happy to help you with all of your hot tub service.
If you need service, feel free to contact us today!