Shocking your pool water with BioGuard Burnout 73 is a needed step for proper pool maintenance. Shocks or oxidizers chemically destroy organic contaminants, remove combined chlorine and help restore water clarity. This is the second step of the BioGuard 3-Step Pool Care System.
- Superchlorinator for swimming pools
- Suitable for use in all pool types
- Restores sparkle and clarity to pool water
- 1 lb per 16,500 gallons of water
- Never add water to product.
- Always add product to large quantities of water to fully dissolve.
- Maintain operation of your pump and filter.
- Treatment should be done at night or during a period when the pool is not in use.
- This product can be added by broadcasting the dry granules over the surface of the water at the deepest end of the pool while the pump is running.
- Adjust pH between 7.2 and 7.4 prior to shocking or superchlorination.
- Add this product at night or when the pool is not in use.
- To prevent pool water problems, shock at least once per week during periods of heavy use or when water temperatures are above 80 degrees and once every two weeks with normal pool usage.
- Maintain operation of the pump and filter.
- Do not enter the pool until the free chlorine residual has dropped to 4.0 ppm or less as measured using a suitable test kit.
- Between treatments with this product, continue to maintain the proper water balance and sanitizer level in your pool as recommended on the label of your normal pool sanitizer.