Have you ever thought about how a hot tub affects the environment? While there are many brands on the market today, you can count on Hot Spring Spas and their already built-in green features.
If you’re concerned about your environmental footprint, and you already own a Hot Spring Spa, you can rest assured that your spa is Energy Smart®. If you’re contemplating a purchase, you can also rest assured that your spa has minimal impact on the earth.
In honor Earth Day, we look at the environmentally friendly Hot Spring Spas. First, let’s look at Earth Day.
What is Earth Day?
It began in 1970 as a grass roots push to encourage people to take care of the earth’s resources. Today Earth Day observances have grown tremendously. They now include over a billion people in several hundred countries.
We celebrate Earth Day world-wide on April 22. Events include community cleanups, tree plantings, advocacy events and other service events. For us at Townley Pool and Spa, we are concerned about the earth every day and want you to know your hot tub is naturally ready to save energy.
Now let’s look at what’s already built-in a Hot Spring Spa.
The Energy Smart® System
You can count on saving energy, and you can also count on saving money. With the Energy Smart system, the manufacturer builds your spa with a combination of energy-efficient features that at the same time lower your operating costs while providing you the best value over time.
Your Energy Smart spa includes the following features:
- Every Highlife model is totally insulated with multiple layers of high density, polyurethane foam that’s also used to insulate commercial freezers.
- The Limelight models use innovative FiberCor™ insulation which fills the cabinet completely to a density that is four times greater than the half lb. foam used on most spas.
- All spa covers are manufactured to ensure a custom-fit and tight seal to lock in warm air and have a dense foam core with a high R-value for insulation.
- Hot tubs continuously circulate spa water with the SilentFlo 5000® circulation pump that uses less energy than a 40-watt light bulb.
- The powerful WaveMaster® jet pumps dedicated to powering the jets are only activated when you need them.
- The SmartJet® system lets you direct power only to the jets you choose, for less horsepower and energy.
- Heaters maximize the transfer of heat to the water for maximum efficiency.
- Dimmer-controlled LED lights that use less energy than a standard light bulb in all models.
The FreshWater System:
This all new system is available on all Highlife® Collection and Limelight® Collection spas.
The FreshWater System is an easy-to-use salt water system that eliminates the worry of keeping spa water clean, clear and sanitized for a full year.*
With just a little salt in your spa water, the system generates chlorine automatically so you spend less time measuring and adding chemicals. This unique system makes spa ownership easier than ever by removing the guesswork and hassle of water care maintenance.
- More natural-feeling water with no itchy, dry skin or eyes
- Fewer chemicals added and no harsh odors
- Simple water care means more time enjoying your spa
- Conserve water by reducing spa drain and refills to once a year*
In addition, Hot Spring Spas has made an environmental commitment to their manufacturing with:
- Projects for energy reductions that significantly decreased carbon dioxide emissions — the equivalent of planting 374 acres of trees.
- Enhancements to their water system controls that save over one million gallons of water each year.
- Recycling over 2.5 million pounds of materials each year.
- Wrapping each Hot Spring spa in material containing approximately 50% post-consumer recycled content that is 100% recyclable.
- Producing their own power 24/7 that uses clean-burning natural gas and much more!
Are you ready to explore the energy efficient hot tubs that make every day better? Let’s start the conversation – request pricing today!
*Many factors affect the life of spa water, such as bather load and water chemistry. When these factors are accounted for and the spa is properly maintained, the FreshWater Salt System will keep water clean and clear for a full year.