David cooked up this recipe for Double Smoked Ham on his Big Green Egg this week, and he says it’s perfect any time of year!
8 lb ham (pre-cooked)
¼ cup yellow mustard
4 tablespoons of favorite rub
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup melted butter
1/3 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup honey or agave
- Preheat your Big Green Egg to 200-225 degrees.
- Rub the ham with mustard and your favorite rub (come see us – we have lots!).
- Smoke in a covered pan for two hours.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a saucepan on the stove until the butter is melted and the mixture is combined.
- Crank heat to 275-300 degrees and uncover ham. Rub with glaze every 10 minutes for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Remove, slice, and serve!