Let’s go straight to the heart of Greece – the delectable cuisine! This pizza uses the quintessential Greek ingredient, olives, in addition to feta cheese and spinach.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (85 g) fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 (55 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup (50 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 (65 g) Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 thin crust pizza dough round of your choice
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking (with the convEGGtor) at 550°F/288°C.
- In a Stir-Fry & Paella Pan or sauté pan, heat the olive oil, minced garlic and fresh spinach. Toss the spinach around in the oil until it wilts enough to be managed with a spoon. Remove from the EGG and set aside.
- Add a Pizza & Baking Stone and preheat approximately 20 minutes prior to baking.
- On a Dough Rolling Mat, roll the dough to 1⁄4 inch (6 mm) thick; transfer it to a heavily floured Pizza Peel. Use a spoon to evenly spread the marinara sauce around the dough. Next, spread the cooked spinach over the sauce; sprinkle evenly with the shredded mozzarella and olives.
- Move the dough to the Pizza & Baking Stone and bake for approximately 5 minutes. Remove the pizza from the EGG when the crust is crisp and evenly browned. Sprinkle immediately with crumbled feta cheese. Allow to cool for one minute before slicing to serve.
Recipe adapted from PIZZA: From Every Day to Gourmet; ©The Companion Group. Photo and recipe from the Big Green Egg.