Chromatherapy…what is it?
A little light show is good for you. Did you know that most Hot Spring spas feature a multi-colored LED lighting system?
This means you can enjoy all the colors of the rainbow, or a single color at a time. Not only do the lights entertain, but these lights make you feel better. In this article, we explore hot tubs, chromatherapy, and LED lighting.
The History of Chromatherapy
For more than 2500 years, people have used the benefit of colored light therapy to feel better. Ancient civilizations in China, Egypt, and India used it to aid in healing.
Pythagoras created color halls for all, and Egyptian practitioners built specially designed solariums. They had glass and lenses to break up sunlight into the many colors of the spectrum.
Today, researchers know that certain colors help us feel healthier overall.
Today, hot tubs use multi-colored lighting for visual enhancements and entertainment while soaking. But, we also know certain colors can address a health benefit.
Research over the last 50 years shows that exposure to certain colors assists in overall health and balance. Chromatherapy means surrounding yourself with a specific color to address a need.
Let’s look at the most common colors:
- Violet is often used to soothe organs, calm your nervous system & relax your muscles.
- Blue enhances communication and knowledge, and it may help eliminate toxins.
- Green is the color associated with balance. Some even say green has antibacterial properties.
- Yellow, also known for its antibacterial and antioxidant properties, may aid with digestion and lymphatic systems.
- Red is the energy color thought to improve circulation and promote the production of red blood cells. Doctors have used it to help patients in a paralytic state recover. Red also may help people with Restless Leg Syndrome.
Hot Spring Spas and LED Lighting
Hot Spring Spas helps you enjoy a rainbow of color while entertaining friends and family or just pick the single hue that best matches your mood for the evening.
Or, if you’re feeling in need of some alone time and therapy, look at the list above, and choose the color you think might help!
Interested in learning more or seeing the LED lighting in person? Contact us today to schedule a time to meet!