Check out this original recipe for Townley’s BBQ Brisket from our very own expert chef, David Townley! This is a great recipe all year long.
- Cherry or Apple wood chips
- Lane’s BBQ Brisket Rub
- Soak Cherry or Apple wood chips in water or apple juice for at least an hour before putting on the coals
- Get your smoker going to around 350 degrees
- Take brisket out of fridge (for an hour before putting on smoker, that way it comes to room temp.) remove from package, trim and season liberally with Lane’s BBQ Brisket Rub.
- Once smoker is around 350 place 2 handfuls of wood chips on the coals and mix thoroughly (I typically just use my ash tool to mix).
- Put your convEGGtor feet up and a foil tray top (large enough that the whole brisket could almost fit inside it) before your put the grate back on. Fill the tray ¾ of the way with water.
- Place the brisket (fat side up) on the grate. Shut the lid and then adjust your temp to 275 degrees.
- Smoke the brisket (typically use a 11-12 pounder) for around 6 ½ – 7 hours, then remove from smoker, double wrap in foil and place back on the smoker until the internal temp reaches 202, usually about 1-2 more hours. Once internal temp is reached, Remove from smoker, wrap in a towel and place in a cooler for 2-3 hours to let rest.
- Unwrap slice and enjoy!