There’s nothing quite like the unique flavor of these Cherry Chipotle Ribs cooked on the Green Mountain Grill.
1 large rack of baby back ribs
2 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp butter
½ cup brown sugar
3 tbsp honey
Cherry Chipotle sauce
Cherry Chipotle Ribs
This is a great favorite rub and sauce combo! We keep it simple with a few spices and flavors on the Green Mountain Grill, but the results will blow your mind. When it comes to good ribs, it’s all about preparation.
- Preheat grill to 225.
- Wash, trim, dry, and pull the silver skin off of your rib rack to get them ready for the rub.
- Add a light layer of mustard to evenly coat the entire rib rack.
- Sprinkle a thick coat of GMG pork rub over the entire rack (top and bottom).
- Place the rack in your smoker, and smoke for 2 hours.
- Spray the ribs down with a diluted mixture of apple juice and water every hour to maintain moisture (optional).
- After 2 hours, take off the ribs and get them ready to wrap. Add another light layer of the pork rub and spread 2 tbsp butter, brown sugar, and honey over the top of the ribs before you wrap them tightly in tin foil.
- Place them back on the smoker, face down, for 1.5-2hrs until the bones start to really show on the back of the rack.
- Unwrap the foil, discard the juices, and apply a light layer of Cherry Chipotle sauce evenly across the ribs.
- Turn your grill up to 275 degrees.
- Gently place the ribs back on your grill for approximately 60-90min. This will create a thick layer of flavorful “bark” over the meat. Afterwards, cover them up and let them rest for at least 15 minutes.
Recipe and photo from Green Mountain Grills.