You can According to the CDC*, COVID-19 cannot survive in properly treated pool and hot tub water. In addition, the World Health Organization states that controlling water quality is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases.
In this article, we look at COVID-19 and your pool and hot tub. During this crisis it is important that pools and hot tub owners properly maintained their pools and spas. Let’s look at them here.
The Importance of Pool & Spa Professional Maintenance
We can help you keep your pool and spa water clean and ready to swim and soak. The CDC says:
- The maintenance of properly sanitized swimming pools and other artificial bodies of water is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases and help maintain community health.
- Without proper pool maintenance (which includes circulation and treatment of water) various germs which are present in feces —like e. coli — can grow. It can also create a breeding ground for mosquitoes, other pests and the diseases they may carry. This presents a risk not only to bathers but to the entire community at large.
- As children and families across the country are being asked to reduce outside contact or even shelter at home, and gyms and other public facilities are closing, the backyard pool, spa or hot tub provides a fun way for families to focus on their health and well-being. These pools and hot tubs should be properly maintained by a service professional to ensure proper sanitation measures are taking place.
- Pool maintenance should be performed by an industry professional – US!
When Treating Your Own Pool or Hot Tub
If you are attempting to treat your own pool, the CDC and Townley Pool and Spa recommend using and purchasing the best quality pool and spa chemicals. Please be sure to read the entire label and follow all manufacturer instructions when applying and storing chemicals. Additionally, wear gloves and googles and store chemicals and material in a safe, secure place.
- You can use many of the chemicals we sell can for surface disinfection, drinking water treatment, and more. Be sure to ask!
- Don’t forget we offer curbside pick-up, delivery, and at home service!
As always, during this COVID-19 pandemic (and after), please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!