Wondering how pool and hot tubs stores across the country can stay open during stay at home orders? In this article we look at why we’re considered an essential business.
The CDC, World Health Organization and others have deemed pool and spa businesses part of the critical infrastructure during the pandemic. They’ve said that we are essential businesses that should continue to serve their customers in order to keep hot tubs and swimming pools clean and sanitized for backyard use.
Townley Pool and Spa is staying open to help you enjoy your backyard all season long. Our retail stores are open, and our service teams are out in the field. As we continue to ensure your backyard retreat is in safe working order, please note the following.
Here are a few more reasons it’s important for pool and hot tub stores to remain open, especially now that the season is upon us:
- Untreated pool and spa water can lead to bacterial growth (e.g. E. coli, Cryptosporidum, Pseudomonas, Shigella).
- Maintaining healthy water quality is necessary to prevent infectious disease spread.
- Community pools are closed, and people all over the United States are being asked to stay at home because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of this, it is critical to maintain properly sanitized home pool and spa environments and exercise routines to maintain public health.
We’re very glad the CDC has posted information that shows properly maintained pools and spas are not a threat for spreading COVID-19 and are a health activity for us! In addition, being outside in our own backyard retreats makes us healthier and relieves stress and boredom while providing lots of family memories. According to the CDC:
“There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
Keeping Your Water Safe
We can help you keep your pool and hot tub safe to use during this pandemic and all year long. We carry the best pool and spa chemicals on the market, and our expert staff is here to help.
Remember – the best water starts with a water test. We can pick up a sample from you, or you can drop one off at the store. Our free computerized system will tell you just what you need!
You can shop in-store, by text, over the phone, or through Facetime!
- If you don’t want to come in, we offer curbside pick up AND free delivery! It’s easy and convenient!
- Feel free to drop off your water test, and we’ll get back with you regarding what you need for your pool or spa.
- We are opening pools. We still offer all pool and spa services. Call to get scheduled! Our service techs have all been trained, and it can be a contactless experience at your home.
- We are cleaning and sanitizing all day long for safety.
- When in the store, please follow all CDC guidelines and stay six feet away from others.
- Don’t come to the store if you or anyone in your family is sick.
During this time, we recognize that keeping your swimming pool and hot tub clean and sanitized to use for family fun or stress relief is critical. For many, a pool and hot tub are absolutely essential home products! We have everything you need to keep your water clean, sanitized and safe for soaking. Contact us and let us know how we can help!
As an essential business, Townley Pool and Spa looks forward to helping you create the most comfortable backyard retreat to help you manage your time at home during the pandemic (and the rest of the year, too).
Don’t hesitate to call. We are here for you! You can also contact us using the form below: