Say cheese! These shrimp and cheddar tostadas are packed with lots of cheese, and even more flavor.
- ¼ cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons skim milk
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 30 medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue rub or seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 ounces Cabot Jalapeno Light Cheddar or Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tomato
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and milk; whisk until smooth. Stir in cilantro and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- When ready to serve, thread 5 shrimp onto flexible skewers. In small bowl, combine barbecue rub and salt. Brush shrimp with remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and dredge in rub mixture. Place kabobs in shallow dish; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Set Big Green Egg for indirect cooking at 350°F/177°C.
- Place kabobs on EGG grid coated with cooking spray and cook for 2 3 minutes on each side, or until done. Set aside.
- Place tortillas directly on EGG and cook for 4 3 minutes. Top each tortilla with some of cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes longer.
- Place 1 tortilla on each of 6 individual serving plates. Top each with 5 grilled shrimp and 2 tablespoons cilantro mayonnaise. Sprinkle with tomato and serve.