You’ve done your online research, narrowed down the list of hot tubs you’re interested in, and you’re ready to visit the store. If you’d like to take it one step further, you can bring your swimsuit and test out a few models.
It can be a helpful way to compare models and get a feel for speficif ones.
Interested? This begs the question, “Should you have a test soak before you buy a hot tub, and is it helpful?”
Look for These Things During Your Test Soak
- Test the jets by noticing how powerful they are. Do you want a deep tissue massage? Does it feel like you’re getting it?
- Can you adjust the jets easily? If it’s important to you to be able to change the massage from deep tissue to gentle, this should be an easy adjustment for you.
- How comfortable are the seats? Are they spacious enough? Do they fit your body type? Can you sit in them and feel relaxed. Pay attention to fit ridges and their comfort.
- Check out the jets and see if there are options for different types of massage in different seats for different body parts.
- Do the jets provide massage for your major muscle groups, and can you adjust their direction to customize your massage?
- Use the hot tub controls. Are the comfortable, within easy reach, and easily adjustable?
Do This next
After you tested one spa, ask if you can test one more. You’ll notice that the first hot tub feels great, but you will notice the differences when soak in one more spa. Experience them both in action and compare your results. It’s best to do this the same day for better recall.
Always buy your hot tub from a reputable hot tub dealer (like Townley Pool and Spa)! They sell the best in hot tubs, provide you expert advice, have a full service department, and offer the best in chemicals to keep your water clean and clear.
Ask questions. They are there to help you find the best hot tub for your budget and your needs. Tell the dealer what you’re looking for in price, size, jets, and massage. You’ll find we’re here to help you every step of the way.