It can be challenging to stay healthy during the holidays. With the extra-busy schedules that naturally go along with the last six weeks of the year, stress and tensions can rise.
Follow our tips below to improve your health, reduce stress and increase your overall enjoyment of the holiday season. Here’s to your holiday health!
Avoid the Cold and Flu
No one wants to struggle with a cold or the flu during the holidays. Here are some steps to take to ward off illness:
- Drink plenty of water. Consider upping your daily amount by double.
- Get seven to eight hours of sleep each night.
- Eat healthy – enjoy fruits and vegetables for a boost of vitamins.
- Use your hot tub to release toxins. A good hot tub soak in hot water can help not only release toxins through your sweat, but if you already have the sniffles, the heat and steam can relieve your congestion.
We all know exercise is good for us, but it can be hard to make time for it during the holidays. While it may be okay to cut back a little, do try and exercise at least three to five times a week.
If your muscles are sore, or you just need some time to relax and relieve stress, a hot tub soak can help remove tension. You can even do some light stretching in the hot tub. Hydrotherapy is great for sore muscles.
Spend Time Outdoors
You’re probably spending a lot of time with friends and family during the holidays. While most of that is spent indoors, head outside for some fresh air.
- Take a walk.
- Soak in your hot tub.
- Take in some outdoor sporting activity.
Hydrotherapy is good for you for so many reasons, and here some good rules of thumb for soaking:
- Spend no more than 20 minutes in your hot tub at a time.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid alcohol while soaking because you risk becoming dehydrated.
- Keep your spa around 100 degrees for a consistent temperature.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning.
- Don’t soak in a dirty hot tub.
- Have fun!
Use these tips for staying healthy this holiday season and enjoy your time with family and friends! Don’t have a hot tub? Stop by and check out our huge selection today!