Many people favor saltwater pools for their simpler and gentler approach to pool care. Yet, salt pools have some unique needs when compared to traditional chlorine pools. See how easy it is to enhance the saltwater experience.
Salt Pool Experts
We know exactly how to keep your salt pool performing at peak condition. We also understand why you chose a salt pool in the first place, and we will work hard to maintain your satisfaction with that choice.
SaltScapes® Saltwater Pool Care
BioGuard designed SaltScapes Saltwater Pool Care specifically for saltwater pools. You have everything you need to keep your saltwater sparkling and protect your equipment and pool surfaces. It adds the basic prevention and remedy solutions that saline generators require with an eye to keeping maintenance requirements to a minimum.
BioGuard SaltScapes Saltwater Pool Care is ideal for:
- Those looking for “salt-specific” products intended for use in saltwater pools only
- Easy maintenance and treatment of salt pool needs
- Pools equipped with any chlorine generator and pools of any size or surface
7 Facts About Salt Water Pool
- A salt cell generates unstabilized chlorine which means it diminishes rapidly when exposed to sunlight UV rays. SunShield® Stabilizer shields against sunlight to extend the life of generated chlorine and minimize cell run time.
- The process a cell uses to convert saltwater into chlorine contributes to higher water pH every time a cell runs. Our pH Reducer corrects high pH to protect surfaces and equipment.
- The environment within a cell can cause chalky white calcium-scale deposits to form on a cell’s wall over time, decreasing the chlorine output. Scale Defender protects against damaging scale for efficient, long-lasting cell performance and Cell Cleaner removes built-up scale to restore cell to peak performance.
- Chlorine is effective at killing bacteria and algae. But,it creates unpleasant by-products when it reacts with contaminants like sweat, sunscreen or fertilizer. Chlorine-Free Shock Oxidizer eliminates contaminants for clear, fresh water.
- Saltwater pools need to have water balance levels tested on a regular basis just like traditional chlorine pools. Balance Test Strips ensure proper water balance for the best swimmer comfort, equipment protection, and sanitizer efficiency.
- The amount of salt in a pool and the amount of chlorine being produced are independent of each other. Adding more salt to the water (above what is recommended in the owner’s manual) does not improve efficiency or increase the generation of chlorine. Salt Level Test Strips ensure correct salt levels.
- Salt pools are still subject to algae growth and it can easily bloom in warmer temperatures and suitable water conditions. The constant supply of chlorine helps prevent outbreaks, but when conditions overwhelm the chlorine levels, you need to add Algae Remover to eliminate the problem.
Interested in converting your pool to saltwater? Contact our experts today!