This recipe for Blackened Chicken Garlic Bowtie Pasta will surprise you with its smokey flavor mixed with the soft garlic bowtie pasta. We bet you’ll love it as much as we do!
1 Pack (2lbs) Chicken Tenderloin or Breast
1 Red bell pepper
1 Green bell pepper
1 Red Onion
3 tbsp Lane’s Garlic² Butter or butter and a clove of garlic (Find this Garlic² Butter at Townley!)
3/4 lb box Bowtie Pasta
Blackened or Cajun Rub/Seasoning
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Bring pot to boil on your grill and add a teaspoon of salt, once boiling add bowtie pasta, cook till al dente, remove and strain.
- Cook and chop 3 or 4 strips Bacon – Add more or less depending on your love for bacon
- Dice onion, green and red bell pepper (Make sure core, tops, and bottoms of bell peppers are removed)
- Over medium heat, add one tablespoon Garlic² butter, onions, and bell peppers to a skillet until slightly softened and remove. You still want a slight crunch.
- Prep chicken – Make sure chicken is at even thickness, trim to keep even thickness. Season all sides of chicken with blackening rub.
- Over medium heat, preferably in a cast-iron skillet (find Lodge at Townley!) add one tablespoon Lane’s Garlic² Butter.
- Once butter is melted and hot add chicken, the goal is to only flip the chicken one time. You want the seasoning to develop a strong crust. Cook chicken until internal temp of 165 degrees.
- In a large skillet add one tablespoon of Garlic² Butter and bowtie pasta. Stir till all mixed together.
- Add chicken, onion, bacon, and bell peppers stir and heat for two minutes.
- Remove and add Parmesan, parsley, and cherry tomatoes sliced in half (add as much or as little as you would like) and enjoy!
Recipe and photo from Lane’s BBQ.