Everyone loves meatballs, and when stuffed with jalapenos and mozzarella they are sure to blow your friends and family away. Use this recipe for Jalapeño Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs as an amazing appetizer or any tailgate!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 15 mozzarella balls/cubes
- 1 red onion minced
- 2 jalapenos minced
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 3 tbsp Green Mountain Grill Beef Rub or your favorite rub
- 2 eggs
- Preheat grill to 225.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in ground beef, jalapenos, red onion, breadcrumbs, and two eggs.
- Mix thoroughly, then add in salt, pepper, and your favorite beef rub.
- Roll out 15 medium sized meatballs, then press in a mozzarella ball into each one. Rewrap the hole in each ball.
- With a sauce brush, rub your favorite barbecue sauce to cover each meatball.
- Place the meatballs on your smoker at 225 degrees for 1.5 hours.
- After they smoke a bit, turn the grill up to 350 for 15 minutes to finish them off!
Recipe and photo from Green Mountain Grills.