The last Saturday in April is traditionally the day for the celebration of National Pool Opening Day. This year it’s this Saturday, April 24, 2021!
While not everyone opens their pools this weekend, it is the perfect time to stop by and get your pool chemicals, supplies, new cleaners, and accessories before it gets hot in May. Check out some of our favorite pool opening tips in this article.
What is National Pool Opening Day?
This special day is when pool owners throughout Arkansas get their swimming pools ready for the summer. If you have a heater, all the better, because you can start enjoying it now!
If you’re ready for your pool to emerge from its winter hibernation, this is a great day to open your pool. Here are a few important tips:
- Once you’ve opened your pool, make sure you test your water within the next 24 hours. You want to grab a water sample after you’ve opened the pool and allowed it to circulate.
- We offer FREE water testing through our computerized Alex system. Bring us your sample, we’ll test your water, and give you a printout of what your chemicals needs. Balancing your water at this time is very important.
- You also want to sanitize your pool before your swim it. How did you put your pool to sleep last year? The current state of your pool is highly dependent on this factor.
- It’s also a great idea to check your pool equipment. Make sure everything is working as expected.
- Get our your pool toys and accessories and make sure they’re clean and ready for use.
- Need help? Stop by – we are here to answer all your questions. We are also happy to put you on our pool opening schedule for later this spring.
Here are few more tips for a successful pool opening day:
Do a Chemical Inventory
This is a great time to see if you have the chemicals on hand that you’ll need for your opening and for this summer. Every pool is different, so your needs will depend on the state of your pool. The best way to gauge what you need is with a free water test.
Inspect Your Pool Equipment
You’ve checked your pool water, now it’s time to look at your deck, equipment, etc. Here are some things to check over:
- Check your pool cover for damage.
- Attend to your filter system and drain plugs.
- Test your pump motor.
- Check your pool lights.
- Look over your filter, pump, heater, and chlorinator.
- Check over your pool cleaner.
- Look over skimmer baskets, etc.
- Check your pool lights.
Have questions? Let us know!
We wish you a happy, successful pool opening day this Saturday. May your water be blue, and may nothing be leaking!
We love opening our pools in April and early May. First, if you have a pool heater, you can start swimming right away. Second, it gives you time to get your chemical balance right and any issues around the pool fixed before Memorial Day.
If you have any questions or need service, please give us a call or text or contact us below! Happy swimming!