Because we love stuffed ground beef, we thought you’d love this recipe for Smoked Lumberjack Meat Log. The texture of ground beef allows a lot of smoke and moisture to hold inside. This is a deliciously, unique recipe!
2 pounds ground beef
¼ of red onion minced
1 cup of Shiitake mushrooms chopped
5 garlic cloves minced
5 slices of mild cheddar
½ cup cilantro chopped
½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 tbsp kosher salt
3 tsp ground pepper
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp cayenne powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
Smoked Lumberjack Meat Log Directions
- Preheat grill to 150 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in ground beef, egg, and seasonings. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread out the ground beef onto wax paper.
- Spread it out as evenly and thin as you can into a rectangular shape.
- Spread the chopped mushrooms, onions, cilantro, and cheese evenly onto the ground beef. You will be rolling this up like a sushi roll, so even ingredients is key.
- Use wax paper to slowly roll one side of the meat and continue until the entire rectangle is rolled tight.
- Spread the chopped garlic pieces across the wax paper and roll the meat log across it so the chopped garlic pieces are spread over the log.
- Place the meat log on pan inside your smoker at 150 degrees for 2-3 hours until the internal temperature reaches 110 degrees.
- Take off the meat, and turn your grill up to 400 degrees.
- Brush on your favorite sweet BBQ sauce on the meat log and place it back in the smoker until the internal temperature reaches 135-145 degrees (depending on how cooked you like it).
Recipe and photo from Green Mountain Grills.